Hire an Architectural Professional
Why you should hire an Architect/Architectural Technologist
If you are considering an extension, conversion, renovation or new build project it can be a very exciting time, but also a worry of not knowing where to start. Starting with a chartered professional whether they are members of CIAT, RIBA or RICS, is a good start. Do not be afraid to ask what qualifications they have or if they are a member of a registered professional body. For most people this is a significant investment of money and you obviously want to know your project and money is in safe hands.
What does an Architect/Architectural technologist do?
JAR Architecture is a registered member of the Chartered institute of Architectural Technologists. We are qualified to offer design services and manage projects from inception to completion. We lead the way in technological design, taking initial sketches, concept ideas and make it a realisation through innovative thinking and years of experience. Quite often the initial concept may be so abstract that it is unrecognisable as a building, the architect Frank Gehry was a master at this, see his sketch transform into the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
The sketch (or doodle you may call it) really is just the initial thoughts, slip of the pen, inspiration that has led to the building you see below it. What you don’t see is the thousands of hours and number of designers and consultants involved in making the concept a reality.
I don’t think this is the place to write 35 pages on exactly what we do, but I am sure the image above gives you some idea.
Managing your project
Here at JAR Architecture we offer a turnkey service where we take care of everything from the initial meeting to handing you the keys to your new property. Or in the case of a renovation we are there during the process to ensure it all goes smoothly and to plan. We understand that most clients do not have a background in construction and it can be a daunting task to manage the project and contractor yourself, especially when it comes to payments and whether what has been built is acceptable. We will also draft a contract between client and builder to give further assurance that your project is in safe hands.
To summarize as to why you should be hiring a company like JAR Architecture,
- We have been through the process many times before and have extensive knowledge to guide you through the whole project until completion. We want the whole process to be as stress free as possible.
- We are a member of a professional body and have a high level of conduct to work to.
- We carry £1,000,000 in professional indemnity.
- Ability to lead a design team and bring in all the consultants required for your project.
- We have been through the planning process many times before and have good relationships with local planners.
- We love building technology and detailed design is what we do, taking the doodles and giving them credibility.
- We offer Contract administration while the builder physically builds your new extension or home to give you further piece of mind.
If you have a current project in mind, get in contact with us now. If you want to drop in the coffee is always on and you may even get a biscuit.