Looking for an Architect in North Wales
We are now looking for an experienced Architect to join our team here in Conwy. The practice has been established over 9 years and has grown organically over this time. We undertake a variety of projects from small extensions, complete house renovations, new build, small developments, and industrial/commercial work. The workload is varied so we are looking for an Architect with an equal breadth of knowledge, or someone who has a lot of experience in one sector perhaps and is looking to gain more knowledge in areas they are lacking. The Architect will be required to work with clients across North Wales and Cheshire.
Architect Roles & Responsibilities
- Meet with clients, take written briefs, and set up job files.
- Have strong design skills, good hand drawing skills is a benefit.
- Have a full understanding of the UK Building regulations and keep up to date with changes.
- Prepare drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
- Excellent design, detailing and presentation skills.
- Create project programs and deadlines
- Run residential and commercial projects from inception through to completion.
- Undertake site visits and complete contractor valuations for payment.
Architect Required Skills & Experience
- Fully qualified Part III Architect
- Must be registered with ARB (Member of RIBA desirable)
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience of running a project through all RIBA stages is key for this appointment.
- A fluent use of Autocad.
- We are moving to Revit so experience in this is beneficial.
- A good understanding of NBS Specification (although this can be taught).
- Ideally you will have already worked for a small/medium sized practice already.
- Experience working on housing projects, ideally residential schemes/developments
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Salary is negotiable based on experience, including pension, flexi-hours and bonus scheme
Submit your CV, examples of work and cover letter, stating your aspirations and interests, availability and the desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org