Seeking Project Running Architect
In the near future we will be looking for an experienced architect to join our team here in Conwy. The practice has been established over 9 years and has grown organically over this time. We undertake a variety of projects from small extensions, complete house renovations, new build, small developments, and industrial/commercial work. The workload is varied so we are looking for someone with an equal breadth of knowledge, or someone who has a lot of experience in one sector perhaps and is looking to gain more knowledge in areas they are lacking.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Meet with clients, take written briefs, and set up job files.
- Have strong design skills, good hand drawing skills is a benefit.
- Have a full understanding of the UK Building regulations and keep up to date with changes.
- Prepare drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
- Excellent design, detailing and presentation skills.
- Create project programs and deadlines
- Run residential and commercial projects from inception through to completion.
- Undertake site visits and complete contractor valuations for payment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Fully qualified Part III Architect
- Must be registered with ARB (Member of RIBA desirable)
- A minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable experience of running a project through all RIBA stages is key for this appointment.
- A fluent use of Autocad and Revit.
- A good understanding of NBS Specification (although this can be taught).
- Ideally you will have already worked for a small/medium sized practice already.
- Experience working on housing projects, ideally residential schemes/developments
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience in Photoshop, 3D Rendering programs, Sketchup etc not essential but beneficial.
Submit your CV, examples of work and cover letter, stating your aspirations and interests, availability and the desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org